Friday 23 December 2016

Sally..Part 170. WILL I EVER GET MY DRIVING LICENCE BACK ?

Last June I felt unspecifically unwell whilst out driving relativelyclose to home and had to stop for an hour to recover, got home, took my blood pressure and found it to be rather high 195/95 when it should have been around 140/80 so took myself to A&E where they carried out tests which basicaly that I was fine but needed to get some pills to bring the BP down to an undangerous level !

The doctor reommended I had an annual check up back at my own hospital which had diagnosed me the previous year with a weird extra heartbeat in my left ventricle.

That Consultant instantly advised me to stop driving until the source of my unwellness had been investigated and said I had to inform the DVLA  which I did and they asked me to SURRENDER my licence which I did and then they 'revoked' it for a year starting in October this year because I had had recurrent episodes of 'loss of consciousness/altered awareness'....which I HAD NOT HAD !

I fell into THEIR category and I am unable to talk to anyone about this which is MADDENING !

All tests proved that there was essentially nothing wrong with me except DIVERTICULR DISEASE which is a GASTROLOGY problem but the DVLA have just informed me that following medical enquiries I cannot drive for a year....that'll be until next October so now I have a fight on my hands following the trail and finding out where things went wrong !

All appointment waiting times are around THREE MONTHS in England and so I have spent a LONG time waiting to see people and am absolutely frustrated by what has happened !

Although I DID think that something was wrong I SO wish I had never gone to A&E in the first place but crawled under a rock until things had righted themselves.....which they now have !

No comments:

Post a Comment