Saturday 20 May 2017

SALLY....PART 180. YOU MODERN THINGS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT FLAVOUR IS DO YOU ?

Last Sunday, for the first time in living memory my wife was too ill to make my sandwiches for market !

What a brave statement for a man to make these days eh ?

There are lots of reasons why she makes them but essentially it's because I never stop working plus the fact that the kitchen is her domain just as much as my room is mine !

With up to fifty food stalls to choose from at market I chose a '.......' one .

........? I would imagine any ......... in Newcastle would demand it was condemned and shut down !

What I got on top of a barely cooked flat round dough thing the size of a child's doll house tea plate and made of soggy paper were three small lumps of stringy meat plus a blob of gristle that made me retch.

On top of that was a bit of cut up raw cabbage and three scrapings of radish, listed as grated !

Nothing had flavour and retching on the gristle reminded me of how I retched on gristle the one and only time I stayed for school dinners when I was nine years old !

I could weep for you lot if you think that what I was served was a gastronomic experience worth getting up for !

You should taste and see what I get served at home by an admittedly reluctant Chef who presents me with Masterpieces even if whilst preparing and before serving it up she shouts out several times, "I fucking HATE cooking !"


No comments:

Post a Comment